Peer Recovery Worker
- Utilise your lived experience to empower others on their recovery journey
- Full-time opportunity, based in Portland, fixed term till 30 June 2021
- $69k annual salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Work in group and person-centred settings to actively support participant's recovery journeys
The Early Intervention Psychosocial Support Response (EIPSR) Program actively supports the recovery of participants with emerging and existing psychiatric disability. An exciting opportunity to utilise your lived experience of recovery and join our supportive team, to work closely and collaboratively with clinicians to perform intake and assessment, provide group based activities to build individual capacity and life skills and offer your support to families, friends and carers. This includes supporting access in to clinical and other services such as drug and alcohol programs, education, employment and housing.
The role is Based in Portland, and required travel to Hamilton and Warrnambool.
Wellways are a team over 2000 people, operating across 93 sites nationally. We are committed to creating inclusive communities where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential; and we are always on the look-out for like-minded people who would like to be a part of this. All our staff are truly valued, and we offer these amazing benefits to support you: https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
What do you need?
- Relevant qualifications (Certificate IV or above), or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Driver's Licence and the ability to undertake travel for the role
- The right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children Check-employment, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5066822. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Courtney Guy, Team Leader on 0437 761 424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 05 April 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.