Mental Health Support Worker | Bathurst
Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI)
- Full-Time, fixed term opportunity till 30 June 2022 based at Bathurst, Western NSW
- $27.46 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + Leave loading
- Thought about providing Mental Health support and assistance to those in need?
About this opportunity
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) is designed to work with participants to address key areas that support people who have mental health issues so they can maintain successful tenancies and participate in their communities. Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the Support Worker will provide practical support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative and work with participants to address key areas that support the development of decision-making skills, social skills, independent living skills, community access, healthy lifestyle, self-identity, self-esteem, and resilience.
A key outcome of the program will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and to assist in the development of self-management skills.
Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the Support Worker will provide intensive support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative.
Your flexibility to work a fortnightly rotating roster is critical to this role. Previous experience working within Aboriginal/Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities and/or understanding of Aboriginal/CALD communities, both socially and culturally, will be highly regarded.
What do you need?
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with a mental illness, generally a Certificate III qualification or above
- Current valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake travel for the role
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
In return, you will:
- Be provided with ongoing support and development opportunities
- Work within a friendly, supportive and like-minded team sharing the same values and passion for working with people
- Have access to employee benefits such as learning and development opportunities and access to our Employee Assistance Program
Individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer, are encouraged to apply!
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth, and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Pamela McIntosh Program Coordinator on 0439331014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 31 May 2020, COB
"We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply."
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.