Team Leader | Campbelltown
- Full-Time, Fixed Term Opportunity till 30 June 2022 based in Campbelltown with travel to sites across SW Sydney.
- $40.56per hour + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Excellent training and development programs and salary packaging benefits
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
About this opportunity
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) program is designed to work with participants in addressing key areas that support their mental health issues and maintain independence and community engagement. The role of the Team Leader within the HASI program is to oversee the team i.e. Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker, Support Workers and Peer Worker's development and maintenance of day to day operations. This will include supporting the team with their HASI participants and providing supervision. The team leader role will include administration of HASI within Wellways- HASI district and networking with services in the local area building on partnership and stakeholder relationships.
The role has a key relationship with the HASI team and the program co-ordinator but will also work closely with the Consumer Directed Support(CDS) Team.
What do you need?
- Tertiary Qualifications in a social science or related discipline
- Experience of transitioning people into the NDIS
- Experience in a similar role of leadership and or the HASI will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their supports to build strong, long-lasting partnerships in the community
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people of all ages with mental health issues, disabilities, and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-Wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Martina Abdo, Program Coordinator on 0439 506 395 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 31 May 2020 - Close of Business
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.