Support Worker - Bairnsdale
- Join a nationally recognised and growing provider of mental health and disability services invested in helping people in our communities
- Casual opportunity available in Bairnsdale
- $28.19 per hour + penalty rates + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
Due to exciting organisational growth, we are seeking like-minded people who share our values and our mission to join our supportive team. To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. Our Support Workers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they all share a common goal of empowerment and development of participants. You will help participants flourish according to their own interests and goals to enable them to participate in a positive and confident manner within their community.
If you share our passion for helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Wellways are a team over 2000 people, operating across 93 sites nationally. We are committed to creating inclusive communities where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential, and we are always on the look-out for like-minded people who would like to be a part of this. We work with individuals of all ages experiencing disabilities or challenges to their social and emotional wellbeing.
All our staff are truly valued, and we offer these amazing benefits to support you: https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
What do you need?
- Certificate III on IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Experience and skills in working with people living with a disability and/or mental health challenges
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Commitment to best practice and ability to operate in a way that ensures maximum participation of participants
- The right to work in Australia
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- The successful applicant is subject to a National Police Records Check, Current Victorian Working with Children's Check-employment and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
If you share our passion for helping others and want to make a difference in someone's life, view the position description and apply via our careers hub: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/. Please submit a one-page cover letter and your CV to apply for this role.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Jason Gough, Team Leader on 03 5622 4117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellways warmly encourages people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.