Carer Support Worker
Carer Gateway Services
- Join a life-changing program to support carers, our unsung heroes, to be the best version of themselves whilst caring for others
- Rewarding new full-time opportunity in Mount Gravatt - Brisbane, fixed-term till July 2024
- SCHADS Level 3.3 + Superannuation + Salary Sacrificing
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded services in Queensland, South West Sydney and Nepean Blue Mountains, aiming to help carers access practical information and advice and connect with services in their local area. Carer supports and services will be delivered using a network of local Carer Gateway service providers Carers and those who provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health issue, chronic health condition, terminal illness or are frail aged.
A truly special role where your communications skills are paramount. Use your warm and welcoming nature to provide an inclusive environment for Carers. This includes listening and supporting Carers with patience and non-judgement. Your main focus will be to provide telephone assessments of Carer requirements to help them access appropriate supports within the program.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide carers with information on internal and external programs/services ensuring referral pathways for carers and their families
- Work with carers to develop an agreed action plan that reflects support needs and contributes to their overall health and wellbeing
- Conduct Risk assessments
- Ensure action plans focus on providing service solutions that maintain and strengthen carers health and wellbeing and their ability to sustain in their caring role
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- SCHADS Award - Level 3.3 + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Shift options include: morning shift 6am - 2pm and afternoon shift 2pm - 10pm Monday - Friday
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- Cert IV in Community Development highly desirable
- National Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5089580.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Karen Williams - Coordinator Contact Centre firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 1st June 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.