Team Leader - The Way Back Support Service
- Exciting full-time opportunity based in Warrnambool, fixed-term contract till 30 June 2022
- $78k annual salary (pro-rata) + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- A brand-new program commencing in Wellways' Great South Coast region, funded by Western Victoria Primary Health Network and delivered in partnership with South West Healthcare and Beyond Blue, supporting people who are on their journey to recovery following an attempted suicide
Wellways, with funding from Western Victoria Primary Health Network will be delivering in partnership with South West Healthcare, The Way Back Suicide Service (TWBSS) in the Great South Coast region. TWBSS is a suicide attempt after-care service that was developed by Beyond Blue to fill the gap in continuity of care for people discharged from hospital after a suicide attempt. TWBSS provides non-clinical, tailored support for up to three months following discharge from hospital after a suicide attempt or suicidal crisis. People referred are contacted by a Support Coordinator within one working day of receiving their referral and guided through a program personalised to meet their individual needs. This can include everything from support accessing clinical care during elevated periods of risk, to referrals to community-based services such as financial or relationship counselling. This one-on-one support helps motivate people to keep connected and alive.
The Team Leader works in close collaboration with South West Healthcare and has responsibility for coordinating all aspects of TWBSS including driving the successful implementation of the program, overseeing care coordination and operational systems, staff recruitment, quality systems, risk management and evaluates the performance of the program according to the requirements of Western Victoria Primary Health Network and Beyond Blue.
Wellways are a team of approximately 2000 staff and 150 volunteers across 93 sites providing a range of programs, services and supports to people right across Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania. We remain committed to our mission, of creating inclusive communities where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential; and we are always on the look-out for like-minded people who would like to be a part of this.
What do you need?
- Relevant qualification or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health challenges
- Experience in co-ordinating, supervising and leading a team including the ability to develop and manage staff in a way that ensures maximum staff participation and potential
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Effective written and verbal communication and the ability to participate in public speaking and formal presentations
- Experience in working with people bereaved through suicide or experience in dealing with severe personal trauma
- Current valid Driver's Licence and the ability to undertake some travel
- Evidence of the Right to work in Australia
- Evidence of, or a willingness to undergo a National Police Records Check, Working with Children Check-employment, NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate and DWES clearance
To view the responsibilities and essential requirements in detail, please download a copy of the position description via our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies and enter the reference code: 5091776
Hit the Apply Now button at the bottom of the page to submit your application. Please ensure each mandatory question is completed before uploading your documentation. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Kate Higgins, Regional Manager on 0459 056 552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 07 June 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment