Support Workers | Wallalong
- Casual opportunities based in Wallalong
- Attractive pay + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
We can offer you training and support to reach your full potential as a worker. You will have the opportunity to work both short and long shifts, giving you the flexibility to maintain a healthy work-life balance while also building a rewarding career.
This is an ongoing program for 7 days a week. The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work for short and long shifts
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team.
If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all these things - right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Experience either in Disability or Community services (personal care experiences an advantage but not mandatory)
- Certificate III or IV in Disability, Community Services or related fields (an advantage but not mandatory)
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle (an advantage but not mandatory)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in working in the NDIS context with people with a mental illness and disability will be at an advantage.
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Alena Georgeson, CDS Team Leader on email@example.com or 0457299149
Applications close 21 June 2020
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.