- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- Exciting casual opportunities to support our NDIS participants in Hamilton
- $35.86 per hour + penalty rates + superannuation + salary packaging options
To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. Our Support Workers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they all share a common goal of empowerment and development of participants. If you share our passion of helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application! You will help participants flourish according to their own interests and goals to enable them to participate in a positive and confident manner within their community.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services, which are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, flexibility and control. This includes supports delivered through the National Disability Insurance Scheme. The NDIS provides support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities, as well as their families and carers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and Daily Living support
- Meal preparation and shopping assistance
- Promoting independent living, community participation and social inclusion
- Availability to cover a range of shifts including sleepovers, weekends and more than 1 shift per day is highly desirable
What do you need?
- Certificate III or IV in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care or extensive experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A current valid Driver's License and a reliable, registered vehicle
- The right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check-employment
- Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme clearance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Paid induction and ongoing training and support
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5146382)
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Mark Chapman, Program Coordinator email@example.com
Applications close 15th October 2020
(applicants may be contacted sooner)
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.