CALD Project Coordinator
- Full-Time fixed term opportunity for 1 year at Campbelltown or Bankstown office
- Well established, close-knit team and supportive management
- Autonomous role with the flexibility to develop your skills further
- Attractive Pay + Superannuation + Salary Packaging + Leave loading
About this opportunity
The CALD Project Coordinator will lead a small team of two part-time Project Officers to deliver a project that will improve uptake of Wellways services by people from a CALD background. The Project will be particularly concerned with increased uptake of services by people with an Arabic or Vietnamese background.
As the uptake of mental health and disability services by CALD people in South Western Sydney does not adequately reflect the demographics of the region. Due to a for a range of reasons, CALD families are not accessing services (e.g. the NDIS) and payments that they may be entitled to at the same rate as other Australians.
The Project Coordinator's role will involve:
- Extensive research of current approaches to CALD engagement in Australia and elsewhere
- An analysis of the current uptake of Wellways services by people from a CALD background in South Western Sydney
- Delivery of a series of community workshops, to co-design with potential participants and their carers, a range of approaches (a "tool kit") that will increase uptake by their communities
- Recruit volunteers and community "Champions" to assist in reaching out to different community groups
- Support service managers to implement the "tool kit, once developed, in their respective service areas
- Monitor and report upon progress
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Diploma level qualifications or higher in a relevant subject
- Current valid Driver's License and the ability to undertake regular travel
- Satisfactory Police Records Check (less than 12 months) and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement - or willing to obtain
- Right to Work within Australia
- Ability to participate in out of hours activities as required to undertake the role
- Project management experience
- Fluent and literate in English and Arabic and/or Vietnamese
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth, and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page (www.wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact John Downie, Regional Manager on 0409273736
Applications close 16 August 2020 COB
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.