- Exciting permanent part-time opportunity with ongoing support and development in Southport
- SCHADS 2.2 + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling, and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families, and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services that are led and funded by individual consumers. It provides participants with choice, control, and flexibility. This includes support such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These services provide support, care, and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers. With your help, for many people, it will be the first time they receive the support they need.
About the role
Due to organisation growth, Wellways is seeking a Support Worker to join our growing team. To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. They come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they share a common passion. If you share our passion of helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Key responsibilities include, however, are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and daily living support
- Meal preparation and shopping assistance
- Promoting independent living and community participation
- Availability to cover a range of shifts
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 3 or 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Experience in High Needs, Physical and Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Health
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Paid induction
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Joshua Hill, Program Coordinator on 07 3720 8155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 28th August 2020.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.