- Exciting Permanent Part-Time (0.6) opportunity located in Barwon, Geelong region
- SCHADS 3.1B + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + 17.5% leave loading
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
About this opportunity
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) refers to services that are led and funded by individual consumers. This includes support such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These services provide support, care and access to services and technology for Australians with disabilities as well as their families and carers.
As a Support Coordinator, you will coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community.
Your working day will involve supporting participants with varying skills development, personal care, household support, social and community participation. This position will also be working with various stakeholders which includes Government departments and agencies, families, and health professionals within the circle of participants.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 4 in Mental Health, Disability services
- Expertise across a diversity of disability types, including mental health issues
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old]
- Working Wtih Children Check(Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- DWES Check
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth, and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary package to increase your take him pay
- Receive a 17.5 percent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit our careers page https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our Careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5157215.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Steven Hull | email@example.com | 03 5292 1696
Applications close 14th August 2020
"We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply."
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people.
All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.