Carer Support Worker
- Join a life changing program to support carers, our unsung heroes, to be the best version of themselves whilst caring for others
- A Carer Support Service delivering innovative counselling, carer coaching and face to face peer support groups
- SCHADS 3.3 full-time until June 2024 + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded services in South West Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains and across Queensland, aiming to help carers access practical information and advice and connect with services in their local area. Carer supports and services will be delivered using a network of local Carer Gateway service providers Carers and those who provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health issue, chronic health condition, terminal illness or are frail aged.
A truly special role where your communications skills are paramount. Use your warm and welcoming nature to provide an inclusive environment for Carers. This includes listening and supporting Carers with patience and non-judgement. Your main focus will be to provide telephone assessments of Carer requirements to help them access appropriate supports within the program.
- Provide carers with information on internal and external programs/services ensuring referral pathways for carers and their families.
- Work with carers to develop an agreed action plan that reflects support needs and contributes to their overall health and wellbeing
- Conduct Risk assessments
- Ensure action plans focus on providing service solutions that maintain and strengthen carers health and wellbeing and their ability to sustain in their caring role
- SCHADS Award - Level 3.3 + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Shift options include: morning shift 6am - 2pm or afternoon shift 2pm - 10pm Monday - Friday
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). If you think you're the perfect fit, please apply via our website with a one-page cover letter and your CV by 14th August, 2020
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact:
Karen Williams- Coordinator Contact Centre firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-employment compliance requirements
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- National Police Records
- Blue Card and Yellow Card QLD
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.