Child Safety Program
- Are you looking for a rewarding career with a progressive and dynamic organisation
- Are you a professional who has a strong interest in leading Child Safety programs
- Join us in supporting our community and make a difference in someone's life
About this opportunity
Wellways Australia is going through exciting transformation and growth. In North Queensland, a main focus for our organisation is to further expand our Child Safety business that already provides high quality support services for children and young people in our community.
Reporting to the Regional Manager - North QLD, the Child Safety - Program Coordinator is responsible for the day to day performance and development of the Wellways' Child Safety business in the Cairns region.
This includes, managing the quality of our Child Safety service delivery, continue developing the high profile reputation and strategy of our programs, and effectively collaborating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
As the leader of the Child Safety workforce, this position is also responsible for the budget, recruitment, development, performance and support of the Child Safety team, including Support Workers, Service Coordinator / Rosterer and the Properties Coordinator. This truly is an outstanding career opportunity for a Child Safety Specialist.
This is a key appointment within our growing organisation, and to be successful you will have:
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within programs for people and families that are the most vulnerable and marginalised in our community, including child safety, people living with disability, aged care, and family members/carers.
- Experience in co-ordinating and leading a successful team.
- Ability to facilitate the active involvement of participants and carers in the development, planning, delivery and evaluation of services.
- Knowledge to provide culturally competent services appropriate to diverse backgrounds.
- Operations management skills, including budgets, financials, measurement and evaluation.
- Current Driver's Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel.
- Appropriate IT skills.
- Current Blue Card, Yellow Card and Satisfactory Police Records Check.
We are a value-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Benefits - If you join our organisation, the benefits you will enjoy include:
- Annualised salary $80k plus 9.5% superannuation
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible working conditions and
- Access to ongoing support and career developmental opportunities within the organisation.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5196434
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact
Sheree Hoban - Program Coordinator email@example.com
Applications close, Friday 2nd October 2020
(successful applicants may be contacted sooner)
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.