- Part-time opportunities based in Bourke, NSW
- SCHADS 2.2, Schedule B ($28.83 per hour - superannuation + salary packaging benefits)
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in their own community
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and development/training opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
Open availability is highly regarded, however not essential
You're a passionate, empathetic and caring individual who is looking to make an invaluable positive impact on the lives of others. You relish a challenge and new experience. You're calm, collected and resilient in the face of adversity and are looking to carry these qualities with you to the front line to start helping those in need. You are an independent, proactive thinker and worker but are also able to follow direction/s given by your managers and can work within a tight-knit team. You may also be required to support the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) program, at the request of your employer. If this is you, you're in luck: we have the perfect opportunity for you to do all of these things - right here, with us.
What do you need?
- Minimum Certificate 3 in Disability, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or related fields
- A current valid Driver's License
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Current First Aid certificate
- NDIS Orientation Certificate prior to commencement
- Manual Handling training would be desired
How to Apply
Here's your chance to do great things. Don't let it slip by - apply now by visiting our careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways).
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Leah Carpenter on 0455 935 190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30th September 2020 - Close of business.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Late applications will not be accepted. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
"Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply"
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.