Recovery & Rehabilitation Worker
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and disability services in Australia
- Full-time, fixed term (30/06/2022) position based in Albury, NSW
- Rewarding role in a community setting
- Access to ongoing support and training/development opportunities
- Attractive Salary Packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) is designed to work with participants to address key areas that support people who have mental health issues so they can maintain successful tenancies and participate in their communities. Our Practice Frameworks identify a range of tools and processes to assist participants to develop the confidence and capacity to manage their own wellbeing; equip family and friends with information and skills; and engage community members as mentors and supports.
Under the support and direction of the Coordinator- Recovery & Rehabilitation Services, this role works with the team and other key internal and external stakeholders in the ongoing development and effective implementation of program plans. Using Wellways' Community Recovery Model, the Recovery and Rehabilitation Worker will provide intensive support to people with a mental illness through the Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people who are Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, are from a non-English speaking background, LGBTQI+ or have a disability to apply.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Social Science, Disability, Age Care or similar discipline
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues
- Experience in building long-lasting partnerships in the community while working in collaboration with other external services
- Be comfortable working independently as well as an active team member
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- experience in working with diverse groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, refugee groups and LGBTIQ groups will be highly regarded
- An understanding of and genuine commitment to social inclusion
- A current and valid Driver's License
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working With Children Check, prior to commencement - or willing to obtain
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
Please complete an online application via our Careers page (wellways.org/careers-wellways). Further information about the role is also available on our Careers page. For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact either Amanda Greenhow on 0439 287 565 or email@example.com
Applications close 5th October 2020 - close of business
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.