Support Workers (AIN Experience) | Mt Annan
- Join a nationally recognised and growing provider of mental health and disability services invested in helping people in our communities
- Casual opportunities based in Mt Annan (permanent part-time considered basis performance)
- Schedule E - Level 2.2 (SCHADS) + Penalty rates + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
Due to exciting organisational growth, we are seeking like-minded people who share our values and our mission to join our supportive team. To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. Our Support Workers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they all share a common goal of empowerment and development of participants. You will help participants flourish according to their own interests and goals to enable them to participate in a positive and confident manner within their community.
If you share our passion for helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application!
About the role
Due to organisation growth, Wellways is seeking Casual Support Workers to join our growing team. To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. They come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they share a common passion. If you share our passion of helping people and want to make a difference in someone's life, then we look forward to receiving your application!
This is an ongoing program for 7 days a week. The successful worker will be someone with the flexibility to work for AM, PM shifts and active sleepovers.
What do you need?
- Experience in Assistant in Nursing and personal care is preferred
- Certificate III or IV in Disability, Community Services or related fields (an advantage but not mandatory)
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 12 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement
- Applicants having experience and knowledge in working in the NDIS context with people with a mental illness and disability will be at an advantage.
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one.
- NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- NSW - NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/ndiswc
Our Values: Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment, Participation
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognized organization with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5376404.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Michael Flanagan, CDS Team Leader on 02 4666 0511
Applications close 14 March 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.