Support Worker - SIL Program
Supported Independant Living
- Seeking highly skilled and experienced workers for our SIL homes
- Permanent Part Time & Casual positions available
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
Support and empower young people to develop their skills to live an active life independently and as part of their community.
About this opportunity
Our supported Independent Living (SIL) Program helps young people who have been in out-of-home care to make the transition into independent living. In a home environment, you will support the development of the participants skills to live as independently as possible and deliver innovative support structures within our SIL Program. These supports are provided in a home environment and can be shared or individual arrangements.
To Wellways, a Support Worker is as unique and individual as the participants they support. Our Support Workers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but they all share a common goal of empowerment and development of participants.
Wellways is offering both permanent part time and casual positions within our SIL Program.
Key responsibilities include, however, are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and daily living support
- Meal preparation and shopping assistance
- Promoting independent living and community participation
- Availability to cover a range of shifts including sleepovers, weekends and more than 1 shift per day is highly desirable
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 3 or 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care
- Expertise across a diversity of disability types, including mental health
- Previous hoisting/lifters, medications, and community access experience is desirable
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered, insured vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and NDIS Workers Screening Check (Current or willing to obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Paid induction
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5377085.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Catherine Purcell - Program Coordinator email@example.com
Applications close 22 March 2021
(Successful applicants may be contacted prior to closing date)
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.