Family Services Program Worker
- Exciting part-time (0.5FTE), fixed-term (until 30 June 2022) opportunity
- Work across beautiful East Gippsland in a supportive and fun team
- $61k annual salary (pro-rata) + leave loading + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- Provide support to family members and/or carers of participants with a mental illness
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About this opportunity
The Program Worker will provide support to family members and/or carers of participants to address key development areas that support their transition to the NDIS: social skills, leadership, decision making, teamwork, healthy lifestyle, community service, responsibility, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience. A key outcome will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in the development of self-management skills. This role will be based at our Eastwood Bairnsdale site.
Key areas of activity for this role include:
- Engage participants, their families and friends in the program
- Develop individually tailored recovery plans with each participant which incorporate specific individual goals focusing on skill and knowledge development, including physical health and wellbeing and housing outcomes
- Provide advocacy, peer support, referral and information to carers
Skills & experience
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in a support role for people with mental health issues
Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course are mandatory prior to commencement.
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- Thorough induction and orientation program
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5379050.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Tanya Hayes, Coordinator Mental Health Programs on 0428 769 183
Applications close 7th March 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.