Coordinator - Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI)
- Full-time, fixed-term until 30th June 2022
- Great salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- SCHADS Level 6.1, Schedule B ($45.77 per hour)
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities
About this opportunity
The Housing and Accommodation Support Initiative (HASI) program is designed to work with participants in addressing key areas that support their mental health issues and maintain independence and community engagement. The role of the Coordinator within the HASI program is to oversee the team including Recovery and Rehabilitation Support Workers and Peer Worker's development and maintenance of day to day operations. This will include supporting the team with their HASI participants and providing supervision. The HASI Coordinator role will include administration of HASI Bega within Wellways, the Local Health District and networking with services in the local area building on partnership and stakeholder relationships.
The role has a key relationship with partners and stakeholders in the Bega region.
**Please note - some travel within the SNSW region will be required with this role**
What do you need?
- Tertiary Qualifications (minimum Cert IV Mental Health or equivalent) in social science or related discipline
- Experience in a similar role of leadership and or the HASI program will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in working with people with mental health issues and their supports to build strong, long-lasting partnerships in the community
- A current valid Driver's License and a registered vehicle (including insurance)
- Satisfactory Police Records Check [less than 6 months old] and Working with Children Check, prior to commencement NDIS (National
- Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to make sure people can access the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
Wellways is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous salary packaging and opportunities to undertake professional training and development.
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5379095.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Lachlan Atyeo - Regional Manager on 0419 917 262
Applications close 14th March 2021 - Close of Business
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.