Carer Gateway Services
- Part-time (0.6 FTE), fixed-term role until 30/06/2024 based in Cairns
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
- $80K (pro-rata) + superannuation + leave loading + salary sacrificing
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded services in South West Sydney and across Queensland, aiming to help carers access practical information and advice and connect with services in their local area. Carer supports and services will be delivered using a network of local Carer Gateway regional service providers Carers and those who provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health issue, chronic health condition, terminal illness or are frail-aged.
About the role
Utilise your expert knowledge, communication skills and empathy to deliver in-person counselling services to carers. Contribute to the development of community relationships to enable the delivery of counselling services to specific carer cohort groups including LGBTI community, young carers from rural and/or remote communities, CALD and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Utilise your expert counselling knowledge to lead, develop and manage the delivery of effective in-person carer counselling services tailored to each carer's individual needs. This includes utilising a variety of counselling services of evidence-based clinical therapies, including person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapy with a small caseload.
This is a mobile role and frequent local travel is required to Wellways offices.
Skills & experience:
- Qualification in counselling, psychotherapy, or social work
- A minimum of three years' counselling experience in Australia including experience counselling children and adolescents
- Experience in creating, analysing and utilising data and information to generate and develop a range of products (programs, publications, services)
- An understanding and demonstrated commitment to social inclusion and diversity
- Experience with clinical therapies including Rogerian and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Accreditation within an Australian professional association
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid driver's license
- National Police Records Check
- Blue Card and NDIS Workers Screening Check (Current or must obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Join a brand new and supportive team
- Onsite formal clinical supervision
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 per annum
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/vacancies & enter ref code: 5380388
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Julie Bryant-Sullivan Carer Services Gateway Manager on 0435 045 049.
Applications close 3rd March 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.