Program Worker - Adult Step Up Step Down
Casual opportunity based in Lyneham, ACT
- SCHADS Level 3.1, Schedule B ($39.69 per hour)
- Be part of a large, recognised provider of mental health and disability services across Victoria, the ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and New South Wales
- Opportunity to observe positive outcomes and make a difference to the lives of individuals living with mental illness
- Access to ongoing support and development opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits available
About this opportunity
The Step Up Step Down Program, managed in partnership with ACT Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and other Drug Services, is a 24-hour residential mental health program that aims to prevent relapse and assist adults in recovery from an acute episode of mental illness. Our focus is on recovery and supporting individuals to live independent and fulfilling lives in the community.
The Program Worker will work within a psychosocial model to support our participants to develop on-going recovery plans encompassing social and well-being opportunities. Working within the context of the individual, families and community, the role will include supporting participants with managing their health and well being, daily living skills, community linkages, tenancies and social skill development.
The programs aim to improve mental health outcomes for the target group as well provide opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and confidence to manage a future crisis, through increased awareness of, and capacity to access community resources and support networks, as well as education and training and employment where appropriate.
Evidence of the development of personal resources of participants is measured using valid recognised outcome measures. The service targets people over 18 years of age who experience mental illness and operates 52 weeks per year with service delivery hours matched to the needs of the target group.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Qualifications in social science, community support or similar discipline, or relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in a similar program or in Mental Health will be advantageous
- Strong understanding of the psychosocial rehabilitation model
- Comfortable working autonomously as well as an active team member
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skills
- An understanding and demonstrated commitment to social inclusion and diversity
- Ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Current valid Driver's Licence
- Satisfactory Police Records Check and Working With Vulnerable Persons Check, prior to commencement
Wellways works with people with mental illness and other psychosocial disabilities, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities. We provide this support through recovery, education and advocacy programs and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation programs. We currently employ over 450 staff and work across multiple sites within Victoria, Tasmania, New South Wales, Queensland and the ACT.
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5384336.
For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Manon Keir - Coordinator, Step Up Step Down on 02 6245 6400
Applications close 8 March 2021 - Close of business
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.