Multiple casual opportunities based in Shepparton
- Work in recovery-oriented programs offering residential support for people experiencing mental health challenges
- $38.78/hour + attractive salary packaging benefits + superannuation + penalty rates
- Support individuals to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives.
Wellways delivers the Specialist Residential Rehabilitation Program (SRRP) and Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) programs in partnership with Goulburn Valley Area Mental Health Service. These residential programs provide practical environments that facilitate the maintenance of, and/ or the development of skills in the domains of daily living, learning, working, social and health. Both programs provide both clinical and psychosocial support to participants and are underpinned by evidence-based best practice.
Program Workers are integral to the SRRP and PARC programs as they work closely with participants in their recovery journey whilst in the programs, both individually and with their clinical care team, and in leading a range of groups and activities onsite. Our Program Workers also provide key operational support and help create new innovations and improvements for the ongoing quality of the program.
SRRP and PARC operate 24/7, with penalty rates applying for afternoon, weekend and sleepover hours.
Wellways are a team of over 2000 people, operating across 93 sites nationally. Wellways has been operating in this region for many years and employs locals with strong knowledge of the region and its needs. We are committed to creating inclusive communities where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential, and we are always on the look-out for like-minded people who would like to be a part of this. We are a supportive, professional and hardworking team working to optimise outcomes for people who choose to use our services. With a commitment to making a meaningful contribution within our communities.
All our staff are truly valued, and we offer these amazing benefits to support you: https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
What do you need?
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience working in a support role for people with a mental health challenge
- Demonstrated experience and/or transferable skills & knowledge in working with people with serious mental health challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Checks prior to commencement are mandatory.
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page; https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Lauren Shadbolt on 03 58238 999 or Tracey Herbert on 03 5823 8900.
Applications close 07 March 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.