- Exciting Community Development opportunity for the Grassroots program in Launceston
- Part-time (0.6FTE), fixed term (to 30 June 2021) opportunity
- $72k annual salary (or equivalent pro rata) + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + leave loading
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
The Grassroots Mental Health project aims to increase grassroots mental health support and community participation for people with mental health issues through the provision of support and capacity building activities with coordinators/staff, volunteers and board/committee members of the 34 Neighbourhood Houses around the state. This will ensure that Neighbourhood Houses feel confident to provide a supportive environment and respond appropriately to the needs of people with a mental health issue and facilitate their ongoing participation with the Neighbourhood House.
About the role
This position will be required to work onsite with Neighbourhood Houses and their communities to build a better and more effective response for people with mental health issues. The position will be responsible for developing and delivering capacity building initiatives, in consultation with and tailored to the specific needs of Neighbourhood Houses throughout the North of Tasmania.
This position will assist Neighbourhood Houses to strengthen partnerships and building better links between various clinical and community support organisations responsible for delivering mental health services and establish a process that enables Neighbourhood House staff and volunteers to debrief and reflect on the challenges experienced in supporting people with mental health issues and to increase awareness and confidence on how to respond in the future.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Neighbourhood Houses in Northern Tasmania to develop a project implementation plan including key milestones and timeframes
- Developing effective relationships with key partners to ensure effective project implementation
- Coordinate the training program for the delivery of the initial capacity building initiatives - including identification of program participants; provision of details on the training program; venue and trainer management and general event management
- Management of program evaluation data and reporting
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a community development/relevant area or equivalent lived or professional experience
- Ability and commitment to work with consumers, carers, health workers, the community and community organisations, within appropriate professional boundaries
- Approachable and accepting manner and attitude
- Ability to build effective partnerships with consumer networks and those managing service delivery in the organisation and the community
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- Satisfactory NDIS Worker Screening
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5385641.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Darren McKay, Program Manager on 03 6333 3117.
Applications close 28th February 2021
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.