Support Worker - NDIS
Consumer Directed Services (CDS)
- Exciting Part time opportunity based in Mackay
- Ongoing support and development
- $29.30per hour + penalty rates + superannuation + salary packaging
- A rewarding career with a nationally recognised provider of mental health and disability services
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling, and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families, and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the role
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support people to live fulfilling and meaningful lives in the community. Your working day may include (but not limited to), assistance and or support with daily life, including personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities.
This is a part time position with the option of casual employment if desired.
Key responsibilities include, however, are not limited to:
- Assisting participants with personal care
- Domestic and daily living support
- Meal preparation and shopping assistance
- Promoting independent living and community participation
- Availability to cover a range of shifts including sleepovers, weekends and more than 1 shift per day is highly desirable
Skills & experience:
- Minimum Qualification in Certificate 3 or 4 in Mental Health, Disability, Aged Care or Home and Community Care or willingness to obtain, study while working; Wellways also values lived experience
- Expertise across a diversity of disability types, including mental health
- Previous hoisting/lifters, medications, and community access experience is desirable
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver's License and an insured and registered vehicle
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- Blue Card and Yellow Card/NDIS Workers Screening Check (Current or must obtain prior to employment)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/training-course
For a full list of our staff benefits including salary packaging and paid inductions, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/vacancies
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Catherine Purcell - Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 24th April 2021
(Successful applicants may be contacted prior to closing date)
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply.
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.