Carer Support Worker
- Join a life-changing program to support carers, our unsung heroes, to be the best version of themselves whilst caring for others
- A Carer Support Service delivering innovative phone-based Carer Support Planning and coordination for Carers to ensure that they are managing well in their caring role
- SCHADS Level 3.3 Schedule B full-time until June 2024 + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- AM and PM roles available (AM shift is 6am - 2pm, PM shift is 2pm-10pm)
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded services in South West Sydney, Nepean Blue Mountains and across Queensland, aiming to help carers access practical information and advice and connect with services in their local area. Carer supports and services will be delivered using a network of local Carer Gateway service providers Carers and those who provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health issue, chronic health condition, terminal illness or are frail aged.
A truly special role where your communications skills are paramount. Use your warm and welcoming nature to provide an inclusive environment for Carers. This includes listening and supporting Carers with patience and non-judgement. Your main focus will be to provide telephone assessments of Carer requirements to help them access appropriate supports within the program.
- Provide carers with information on internal and external programs/services ensuring referral pathways for carers and their families
- Work with carers to develop an agreed action plan that reflects support needs and contributes to their overall health and wellbeing
- Conduct Risk assessments
- Ensure action plans focus on providing service solutions that maintain and strengthen carers health and wellbeing and their ability to sustain in their caring role
- SCHADS Award - Level 3.3 + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- National Police Records
- Blue Card and Yellow Card QLD or NDIS Worker Screening check (Please note you will not be able to commence without a physical Blue Card due to the new "No Card No Start" Policy
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
To apply and download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5439827.
Applications close 19th April, 2021.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Catherine Kieti - Coordinator Contact Centre on email@example.com
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.