Housing and Recovery Worker Doorway
- Exciting Full-time fixed term opportunity in Peninsula until June 2022
- SCHADS 4.1 Schedule B + Superannuation + Generous salary packaging
- Work within a supportive, passionate and collaborative team environment
Doorway is seeking an experienced and passionate staff member to support people experiencing homelessness and mental health challenges to access the private rental market. Utilising a Housing First approach, this is a unique opportunity to enmesh housing and mental health skills to support the most vulnerable in the Peninsula area. Favourable applicants will have prior experience working in mental health and housing, specifically private rental. This role is collocated at Peninsula Health Mental Health Services
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the Program
Doorway is a housing first private rental housing and support program funded by Victorian State Government. Doorway supports people experiencing mental health challenges and homelessness to secure a home in their community and improve their wellbeing.
The Housing and Recovery Worker role works in partnership with clinical and community services to support participants to maintain their tenancy, improve their health and quality of life. Connections with Real Estate Agents and partnerships with clinical mental health services are central to the Doorway Program.
Responsibilities include, however are not limited to:
- Assisting participants to secure and sustain a home in private rental market.
- Strengthen participant tenancy and recovery literacy skills
- Support partnerships with clinical mental health services and stakeholders
- Working as a sole practitioner, with flexibility to collaborate with a dispersed team
- Engaging participants, their families and friends in the project and develop professional and trusting working relationships.
- Conducting weekly face to face support visits to connect with the person and to monitor and offer support around any tenancy-related issues.
- Helping participants to identify areas of need using key assessment and outcomes measurement tools.
- Developing individually tailored recovery plans with each participant which incorporate specific individual goals focusing on skill and knowledge development, including physical health and wellbeing.
- Ensuring that all operational and administrative requirements including case notes, assessments, recovery plans and data are met including regular reporting requirements and records maintenance
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a social science or related discipline, or experience working in a recovery oriented mental health environment
- A current valid Driver's Licence and ability to undertake some travel
- Right to work in Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check, Working with Children's Check, NDIS Worker Screening Check and NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate are mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Benefits & Culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals and potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development. For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 544011
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Rosalie Frankish, Housing Programs Coordinator on 0407 374 234
Applications close 20th April, 2021.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.