Child Safety Program
Wellway's youth program is growing at a rapid pace and we would like to offer you the opportunity to do work that matters and makes a real impact in a young person's life!
- SCHADS Level 3.1B $39.69/hour for qualified casual applicants + penalty rates + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- Casual and part-time roles available
Wellways within the North Queensland, Mackay region offers our young people in care the opportunity to obtain skills for life, independence and become engaged members of the community whilst in a supportive environment. We achieve this by supporting and working with our youth, their families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives.
We provide respite care, outreach support, mental health assistance, and disability support. The Youth Worker position is responsible for the delivery of services which include out of home care in safe and stable accommodation, it also will work towards the identified goals of each young person as set out by the Department of Children Services.
Wellways is offering both part-time and casual position and as such the shifts will be a variety of tasks such as personal care, domestic care in a home environment, shopping, transport and social support. Residential placements can range from one to one care to three to one care depending on the level of behaviours.
Skills & experience:
- Ability to build rapport with young people
- Creating a safe home environment while assisting young people to learn life skills such as cooking healthy meals and making good life choices
- Ability to encourage and teach improved health and hygiene
- Experience with Youth and Crisis Management including verbal aggression and defiance
- Experience working with youth who display complex behaviours
- Experience working with youth who have experienced significant trauma and substance abuse
- Experience and skills working with young people and those living with a disability or mental illness
- Availability to cover a range of shifts including sleepovers, weekends and more than 1 shift per day is highly desirable
As a youth worker, you will be providing the young person with the tools to create positive outcomes and helping them navigate through their emotions and behaviours.
What you need:
- Minimum Certificate 4 in a recognised area (must be working towards or have a completed recognised qualification)
- Drivers Licence and your own vehicle
- Ability to do sleepovers and shift work - this is an essential requirement
- Experience in Community Support or Residential Care
- Police clearance - not less than 12 months old
- Blue & Yellow card (Current - no card no start policy applies)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
- Completed Hope and Healing Framework Foundation Training - this will be supplied by Wellways if needed
Benefits & culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Paid induction
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5257709
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact
Sheree Hoban - Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 31st October 2021
(applicants may be contacted earlier)
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.